New gate system coming to Wando Welch Terminal
The Advanced Gate System should enable faster truck turn times and provide more information about the trucks while they are on the terminal, to create more in-depth management tools and reports, the ports authority said in a news release.
Drivers should anticipate delays in truck processing during the rollout of the technology, especially on Monday, the release said.
All container gates will be open normal Saturday hours, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Wando Welch Terminal gates also will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday; North Charleston gates will be closed. No refrigerated cargo service will be available over the weekend.
All container gates will be open normal hours on Monday, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., with full service available.
The technology will be implemented at the North Charleston Terminal at a later date. Gate codes are still required at both terminals.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Fashion Plate for June 16, 2016 - June 16, 2016
- Charleston-based defense firm secures $33M contract with Iraqi army - June 16, 2016
- Helping Out for June 15, 2016 - June 15, 2016
- Harbor, MUSC partner on medical accelerator program - June 15, 2016
- $16.3M merger between Carolina Financial, Congaree completed - June 15, 2016